Monday, February 8, 2010

Don't get me started

I've noticed that when a fat girl complains about her weight, it's an uncomfortable experience for others.

Get ready for the awkward.

I don't know how many times I've had to listen to an average-size or an incredibly thin person complain about their weight. I cannot begin to tell you how annoying it is to sit through those conversations.  It usually starts with the "I'm so fat!" exclamation.  The non-fat fat complainer is fishing for the reassuring "Oh, you're not fat!" response.  I'm polite in these moments, and come up with all sorts of flattery...or point out that I'm the fat one.  I'm Fatty! Fat! Fat!

To be honest, it's hard for me to have compassion for someone who may be sporting an extra 2.5 lbs from water weight due to excessive booze consumption or needing to take a really good shit.  Try living with seventy-five extra pounds hanging on your frame and all of the inconvenience the excessive weight brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment