Monday, February 22, 2010

Food allergy ALERT! Weeeeooooo! Weeeeeeoooo!

I neglected to disclose that I had a strange reaction about a half hour after eating my glorious tuna melt. I felt like I had drank an entire pot of coffee in one sitting. My body was buzzing and my face felt itchy afterwards. I was able to narrow it down to one possible suspect...mild white cheddar cheese. I had two slices. I ate one slice while chatting with my mom.* The second slice was sacrificed to appease the tuna melt goddess.


*The Bun called to tell me that my 94 year-old grammy was having a big day out. She bought herself a new Lay-Z-Boy recliner, but she was lamenting that the Little Man wouldn't have a place to sit now that her old recliner will be going the way of the Do-Do. "The arms are so narrow on the new recliner. He won't fit!" Clearly a first world problem.

3 comments:

  1. Cheese? It's cheese!? *sobbing*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can live with being allergic to mild white cheddar...but lord help me if I'm allergic to Challerhocker. That might send me over the edge. I had a raw sheep's milk cheese the other day and was fine afterwards. I might need to start up on my next blog project...reviewing the entire Rainbow grocery cheese selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."

    - G. K. Chesterton

    ReplyDelete