Monday, February 8, 2010

In full view

F A T T Y ! F A T ! F A T ! is now in full public view on the series of tubes. This may bring a new level of shame or encouragement.  I'm hoping for the latter, and preparing myself for the former.  People can be so cruel when it comes to the larger-styled.  I've had my share of upsetting moments over the years, but there's nothing like being moo'd at when you're in your forties.

The last time I visited Las Vegas, a guy decided to make a joke at my expense as I walked into a bar.  He thought it was incredibly funny and perfectly acceptable to say within earshot, "I didn't know they let cows in here." as I waked past him and his group friends.  I felt such incredible rage and shame in that moment.  I was eight years-old again, and wanting to kick him in the shins.

1 comment:

  1. As Wendy said when I read her this post, There's a special place in hell reserved for complete douchebags like that.

    ReplyDelete