Friday, February 19, 2010

The evil lurking in the corner

My co-worker has a box of goodies sitting on her desk.  It calls to me sweetly..."Oh, Señora.  Please, come indulge yourself."  If I'm left to my own devices when I'm stressed, indulgence quickly turns into something else.  I'll pop open the box to survey its bounty - chocolates, fruit gummies, and Chinese confections.  The Chinese confections are the most dangerous.  It's almost as if they dare me to eat them.  "Gwailo are you brave enough to pop me in your mouth? Your inferior mind cannot read the ingredients. I may have melamine or lead!"

So far, so good.  I've been staying out of that dangerous corner, behind Kelmen's desk...but the box's pull is strong.  It's especially strong when I find emails from the Fiji Island Revenue and Custom Authority in my inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment