Saturday, February 13, 2010

Did you hear that thud?

That was me falling off the diet wagon.  It happened Tuesday night at the Quiver Bar.  I was celebrating a friend's birthday and couldn't resist ordering a cocktail...which led to ordering another cocktail and sharing a plate of frito misto, two dozen kushi oysters, an ahi & hamachi crudo and a tuna skewer. 

Then the kitchen sent out the ubiquitous complimentary dessert for the birthday girl...a warm Scharffenberger chocolate banana cake with caramel sea salt ice cream.  I had two bites and called it quits.   After one week on this diet, my behavior around food has started to change.  In the past, I'd probably elbow everyone out of the way for the last morsel and run my finger along the plate to skim any leftover fatty, sugary bit.

Once I realized my behavior shifted, I was able to forgive myself for slipping and feel proud of my current progress.  I've dusted myself off, hopped back up on the wagon and snapped those reins.  The horses are off!

1 comment:

  1. Great work Ms. Renee. I will enjoy reading this. I know how hard what you are doing is. I salute you. Keep it up even when you fall.

    ReplyDelete